Personal Social Emotional Development
Personal Social Emotional Development supports children's development by helping them to interact effectively and develop possitive attitudes to themselves and others.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage, PSED is broken down into three aspects:
- Self-confidence and Self- Awareness
- Managing Feelings & Behaviour
- Making Relationships
How you can support Personal Social Emotional Development at home:
- Encourage children to get dressed and undressed by themselves.
- Encourage children to put on their own coat and shoes
- Give them responsible jobs such as helping to set the table at dinner time
- Encourage your child to use the toilet by themselves
- Encourage your child to manage their own self care (wash hands and face)
- Encourage children to eat using a knife and fork